Integrating the KnotAPI Subscription Canceler also requires a basic client and server side integration, which are laid out in the 5 steps below:
The flow begins when a user wants to cancel a subscription.
1. Your server should generate a knot_access_token by sending a request to the /user/create endpoint. You only need to do this once per user.
Save the knot_access_token for future requests.
2. Your application server sends a request to the /transaction/create endpoint with the knot_access_token and transaction data to identify subscriptions.
3. Before showing the client SDK, your application server sends a request to the /session/create endpoint with the knot_access_token to generate a Session ID.
4. Using the Session ID, your application client initializes the client SDK. Your users interact with the Subscription Canceler SDK to authenticate with different merchants over a secure and encrypted connection. Users will see real time feedback on the success, or failure of connecting. They will also be prompted to supply multifactor credentials if required.
5. Webhooks are delivered to your server in real time, notifying your application of the status of merchant switches.
To get started you will first need API credentials. You can obtain API credentials by emailing [email protected]